Sunday, October 3, 2010

Remembering

I remember Que for:

-The darling little boy he was.  When I was a teenager I always thought, "He is going to be the boy all the girls will want."  He seriously was so cute.
-His sweet prayers.  He prayed for everything.
-At my 7th grade party, he hung out the whole time with all my friends.  I even have a picture of him on this raft with one of the guys that came.
-His love for "his" teams.  He invested a lot of heart into the Jazz & The Eagles and Mitch always gave him crap for it.
-How much he loved amusement parks.  He would ride the rides over and over again.
-His smile...or should I say smirk.
-His laugh.
-The way he talked to my boys on the web cam.  He always lit up and he got this different voice with them.
-When I had Jackson, I think he was the most excited.  He begged my parents to let him come home from camp.  When he finally got home, he sat at my house for hours just holding him.
-Every picture of Que on his birthday, he is holding Jack.
-Mitch and Que's bond. They loved to play basketball together.
-Mitch coached Que's baseball team and Que did awesome.  I think Mitch taught him to have confidence in himself.  He did awesome that year.
-He would do anything for me.

I miss Que.  On this anniversary, I've had a lot of time to reflect on him.  The memories are fading and it makes me sad.  I hope that I will write them down more so not only will I remember, but my kids will remember.

Thank you for all the emails, texts, calls, and flowers today.  I have such amazing friends and family.


Que with Jack (6 weeks)

Que loved to golf.



Mitch (coach), Jack, and Que



8 comments:

1runhen@comcast.net said...

Thanks Allie, it means alot to me. Love, Mom

Mark and Heather said...

Thinking of you and your family today. Love you guys!

Lynden and Lyndsay said...

lynden and i have been thinking/talking about you and your family alot this weekend!! my husband LOVES your posts about your little brother- it means alot that you are willing to share!

driftwood13@gmail.com said...

We are thinking about all of you today and sending love your way. What sweet and special pictures and memories. With our Love, Michelle & Kelly

Melyn said...

I really enjoyed this post. Reading and listening to everyone else's memories makes me feel like I knew him. Thanks Allie :)

Marie Arnold said...

I've been praying for you and your family this weekend.

Kristi said...

I miss him too

Marianne said...

I love this. What a good way to remember him. It makes me think of my uncle - your kids will love Que and want to be with him again.