As I mentioned in the previous post, I have really been slacking on my motherly responsibilities. About 20 minutes before the Halloween eve festivities, it was time to make Easton's E-wok costume. After just spending the money for Creighton's "Darth Vader's Guard" costume with the 2 day shipping and knowing that Easton could care less what he is....I chose to adapt the already owned monkey costume into a star wars character.
The first step: Finding out what an e-wok looked like. Truthfully, I have never seen Star Wars (at least as far as I can remember. Thank goodness for google.
Second step : Find a brown shirt. I had a "in great shape" brown Gap t-shirt and even though I rarely wear it, if ever, me being the hoarder I am had trouble taking the shears to it, but alas I did. I cut off the sleeves and the back and ta da, it was done.
Third step: I wanted to the shirt a rusted look. Mmmm, what do I have that is big and rusty? Oh yes, my new 19th century paper cutter. After a good rub all over "the beast" I had my rusty looking shirt.
Fourth step: The head piece. I just bought wood beads for our super Saturday this week, so took three of those and some twine and I had my head piece.
Fifth step: Safety pins
Final Step: Mitch went out to find a staff. We chose not to attach a spear on the end for the obvious reasons.
Yes, that is how you make a 20 minute e-wok costume. I know, you all are so impressed. The biggest compliments were when people actually knew what he was. I do have to say I had the cutest baby e-wok ever. I may be a tad bias.
I love you E-wok.

1 comment:
And I love The adorable E-WOK too. Grandma
Post a Comment