I have to admit I have been really slacking on my motherly responsibilities and Halloween really crept up on me this year. Jackson has said for a few months he wanted to be Darth Vader. Thankfully, my mom got him a costume when she came out to visit a few weeks ago. Check. On to Creighton and Easton. They get the left over costumes. However, I couldn't quite remember what Jack and Creigh were two years ago. I did eventually remember that Jack was Batman, but I didn't want Creigh to be that because it was probably the ugliest costume ever (it was about 5 different batman costumes my brothers wore that I adapted into one...definitely not attractive). It finally took me looking up a picture on my blog from two years ago to remember that Creighton was a monkey, so.....Easton would be a monkey.
Creighton told everyone he was being Darth Vader's guard for Halloween. Whoever that was and I don't know where he got it from. Finally, on Monday, Mitch and I ordered his costume and with 2 day shipping it was on its way. Unfortunately, it didn't get here until Thursday evening so he had to wear a huge Shark costume (Jack's from last year) for the Singing time and pre-school party. Good thing he's always such an easy pleaser.
As for Easton.....how could he be a monkey when the rest of his brother's were star wars characters? That's when we realized that what could be more fitting than for our baby E to be a baby E-wok. (Again, no clue what one was, good thing for google.) More on the making of this on the next post.
All the parties were great. I have to say I thought our kids looked awesome. They were so fun to watch too. They really took to their characters. Creighton loved using his fake gun, Jack loved using his noise maker to make the sound of Darth Vader breathing, and Easton carried his staff everywhere and looked absolutely adorable.
Trick-or-Treating was great. It was the first year that I felt like all my kids knew what was going on and it was really enjoyable. It helped that it was 70 degrees and sunny skies too. Beautiful! We walked around almost the whole neighborhood and there pails were completely full. Also, our kids walked the entire way...except for a the last little bit at the end for E. We came home, dumped out our candy, let the kids eat 5 pieces (they ate 3 and said that was too much and they'd save it for tomorrow), and they were asleep by 8. Awesome.
Now, here are the pics to prove some of the fun:
| Singing time |
| The boys |
| Right before trick or treating |
| The Goods |
| Creighton and his best buddy Tanner |
| Family Halloween Photo at the Ward Party |
No comments:
Post a Comment