Sunday, July 15, 2012

ATLANTIS

I believe I may be the most spoiled person on the planet. 

Here is where we just returned from:



It was insanely beautiful (except the skies were pretty gray most of the time, but that didn't keep us from having fun.

There was one thing that did though:

 About 5 minutes after checking into our room, Creighton slipped in the bathroom and came down on the toilet.  The lip was cut all the way through the muscle.  So, we were off in a taxi, in a foreign country headed to the Emergency Room.  We felt we were in good hands, however, because according to the Taxi Driver, Anna Nicole Smith delivered her baby her back in the day.  At once, my fears were calmed. (Sarchasm)

It took a long time, and after consulting with the doctor he informed us that because it was on the face, they were going to call in a plastic surgeon.  It was one of those moments as a parent where you know you don't want your kid to have a hideous scar, but you also just know that it is going to be a quite significant amount of money.  Since we love Creighton, we shelled it out.  :)

The plastic surgeon was amazing.  Even though we were behind a shower curtain not far from some grown ladies screaming about her ingrown toe nail, they were able to keep him calm.  They wrapped him up like "baby Jesus" and the Doctor sang him "Away in a Manger" while they pierced his lip to numb it.  I held him down.  It was times like this that almost made me glad I was in a foreign country.  I swear, if we were here, they wouldn't have sang Away in a Manger.  They would be too worried to offend.  I loved that they sang this song to my sweet little boy.  As soon as his lip was numbed up he just sat their as they pulled the needle in and out while they did 2 stitches in the muscle and 4 in the lip.  6 total. 

After we paid (they do not let you leave until you have paid in full), another Taxi came and got us and we were off to really start our vacation.

 Creighton, however, had to wait to the next day.  This is what he did at dinner:














The rest of the week was full of fun. Creighton wasn't supposed to get his head wet, but that didn't keep us from risking him not falling off the tube and hitting the waterpark each day.

The waterpark was incredible.  There was a 2 mile lazy river (took about 30 minutes to get through) that took you through rapids, tidal waves, and more.  You could even stay on your tube and go on conveyor belts that took you up to these huge slides.  Amazing.  We spent all day every day there.

They also had a really cool aquarium that we visited a few times.  I couldn't believe how many cool sea creatures they had. There was plenty for us to do but I think the thing we did most was play and eat.  The food was SO good and I was not expecting that.  I won't say what I gained on the trip, but it was not good in that regard. 

 Easton even got chosen to be an honorary baby stingray feeder (thanks Jo for entering him).  He was much more shy than I thought he would be. 
He basically just dumped his whole bucket in the water and stood on the steps the whole time.
He was pretty proud of his certificate he received though. 

He really is:  One Funny Kid
 He loves making super hero moves with his cousin.

 He is also one lazy kid.  Thanks to the many family members who gave him a piggy back ride.

The boys also had fun at the beach.
Creighton

Easton and Daddy

Jackson

Cheese E
 When I mentioned that the boys had fun at the beach, I didn't include myself, because this is what the "Henderson's" think of the beach:

Jordan & Lindsey laying on the beach chairs.

 We are not fans.  We don't like sand.  We don't like salt water.  And we don't like cold water.
So....we prefer a pool by the beach.

Here, of course, are all the in-laws.
They think we are nuts.


There are still more pictures and more fun to document, but since it is getting long, I will continue it on another post.  


3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

You are right. Henderson's do not like the beach. Love the pics.

todd and jeanette said...

i just read about that water slide with the sharks a few weeks ago. did you go down it? hawaii, atlantis, disneyworld... i want in the henderson family!!! let me know when there is an opening for our family. ;)

Shauna said...

Sounds amazing!