Sunday, April 10, 2011

Things I am Loving Right now

1.  Mitch passed the bar!!  Thank goodness that is finally over.  With two bar exams under his belt and licensed in 3 states, we are hoping that is where it ends and he never has to take that evil test again.

2.  Easton's proper talking.  Easton is the most proper speaker I have ever heard.  His new favorite saying is, "Oh Yes."  He says it at least 50 times a day. I love that he always says yes and never says Yah.  It's adorable if I say so myself.  He also always says Jesus Christ.  He never just says Jesus. Love it.  Yah, I don't think he gets this proper speaking from me.

3.  Jackson is reading and writing.  He has be reading a lot more lately.  He comes home from school with books he checked out and he is breezing right through them.  I'm a proud momma.  Also, he loves to write.  I love that he just sounds it out in his head.  Some of the spellings are quite creative.  Today at church he wrote all of our names down:

I love how he spells Mitchell and Easton.  I helped him spell Creighton and my name....Kind of wonder what they would have looked like.

4.  Creighton's good news!  Lately, Creighton has been coming over to me screaming that he has good news. He shouts this about 10 times before he tells me what the good news is.  The good news:  defeating a bad guy and earning a space ship on his Star Wars Letter Leapster game.  Now that is good news!  I love his enthusiasm.

5.  Decorating.  I never thought decorating would be exciting, but it actually has been.  It's been really stressful too, but now that I am actually starting to see some of the things I picked out being put into our house.....it's exciting.  Oh, and guess what else?  I have decided to put in a urinal.  I smile every time I think about it.  We will be starting on finishing our basement in a few weeks and in the bathroom next to the kids playroom is where this wonderful piece of equipment will be found.  Super, super excited.  Also, check out this awesome picture showing the super cool orange dot back splash I want to put in.  I absolutely love it...although others in my family do not. (No names will be given, however, comments on it's awesomeness would be appreciated to show them.)

The demolition upstairs will hopefully be finished in about 2-3 weeks and then we will be moving in.  Yeeeehah!!!

Loving these things and so much more.  So thankful for so many things right now.

5 comments:

Melyn said...

I love your boys! and I think that orange dot back-splash is cute!

The Peterson's said...

What is up with the orange shower. Not cute. And so YAY! for Mitch. He is the smartest man I know.

angie said...

CONGRATS MITCH!!!!!!! (not that i'm surprised.) and for the record i love the orange dot back splash. i can't wait to see your house.

Courtney said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you're putting in a urinal! Amazing.

I also LOVE the orange dot back splash and I'm not just saying that because you asked me to. I really do think it's darling. Use it!

Finally, congratulations Mitch!!!

Spencer & Nikki said...

Jackson is such a nice boy. I need to take pictures of Kelan's pictures. I'm not a fan of hanging onto them forever but I would like to remeber them... So cute. How exciting for you guys to be moving. I love the backsplash! And the urinal!!! Oh man what a great idea! Fun, FUn!