Thursday, April 7, 2011

Anyone know a good pediatrician?

I think we might be needing a new one, because I think we might be getting FIRED.
First off, it never bodes well when they find out Mitch is an attorney.  Dr's don't like to hear this.  I think I am going to start telling our doctors that he works with Green Peace or that we moved to Omaha for him to be part of Teach for America.  Yeah, maybe then they will think we "good" people.

Secondly, and most definitively, we will be fired for my children's behavior.  Imagine a small 8 x 6 room complete with a swirly chair (I hate those dang chairs) and 3 near nap time rambunctious little boys.  They were hyper & tired and that combination is not pleasant.

It was by far the most embarrassing hour of my life.

Why?  Here are just a few of those "moments" in front of the Doctor:

-Jackson practicing Kung-Fu on the other two.
-Creighton saying No to every question the dr. asked him.
-E biting Creighton
-Jackson laying on the chairs and Easton laying on top of him.
-Creighton laying on the floor looking up the Dr's skirt while she is examining Jackson.
-Creighton GRABBING her legs while she examining Jackson.
-Creighton & E running out of the room at least 6 times and running down the hall laughing at me as I run after them.
-Easton running into the other patients rooms
-All the boys wrestling while the dr. is trying to ask them questions.
-All the boys bonking their heads while wrestling.

It was pure chaos.  Chaos. 

It was mortifying.

I had the lump in my throat.  Near tears. 

It was decided then and there the "Should we have more kids?" question is definitely NO.  We are done.  We are finished.  No going back on this one.

Then tonight, they are all tucked in their beds and they look like little angels.  They look so innocent.  They look like they could never do any of those highly embarrassing things they did just hours before.  They make my heart swell.

So, are we done?  Are we finished?

The Truth:  It's still up in the air.  I'm sure all day tomorrow I will say yes - Mitch go get the vasectomy - we are done, but then tomorrow night......I will say no.  Tonight though, as angelic as they look....I'm still a little mad. :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG. Those boys. They're such boys! That's the only excuse I can come up with. Blame it on their gender. I do it way more often than I should with Westin when I probably should be correcting the behavior :)

And I'm sure you won't get fired from the doctor. She's a pediatrician. I'm sure she's been around a little chaos a time or two.

Jordan Henderson said...

You are brave to take all 3 of your boys in to a pediatric clinic. In fact, your boys probably count as 4.5

Mark and Heather said...

Nothing wrong with spacing the next one out a little bit if you decide for one more! I avoid taking all of my children anywhere without reinforcements too. Good luck on the new house, that is so exciting!