Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Tears

I had happy tears a few days ago.

After multiple request for Creighton to "be a good boy," I lost my patience and told him he was going to bed early (it was 5:45) and I shipped him off to his room.  After a good 10 minute temper tantrum/door kicking, it was quiet.  After another 15 minutes, I announced that he must have fallen asleep.  I decided to check on him.

When I opened the door, I was shocked to discover that the once destroyed room with unmade beds and clothes and shoes everywhere had been transformed.  Creighton had the BIGGEST smile on his face and continued to scurry around putting clothes away and exclaimed, "I cleaned.  I cleaned all by myself."  That's when the happy tears came pouring out.

The beds were made in the most creative way possible, but I wouldn't have had them any other way.  It was perfect.

This was a moment that I wanted to document.  I love happy tears.

1 comment:

angie said...

see... our children have it in them to be so wonderful and helpful. i guess if they acted like that all the time we wouldn't appreciate it as much.