Today, I am excited for 4 reasons.
#1 - My sister is PREGNANT! For those who know our family well, you know what an amazing thing this is. It is truly a miracle. After going through invitro twice and having tests done, they were told that they had a better chance of winning the lottery twice than getting pregnant.
She told me on Valentines Day. I remember that moment so well. It was a feeling of pure joy. The doorbell rang and at the door was a box of cookies. The cookies spelled out WE R PREGNANT. I sat dazed and confused for a long time. Looking around, I knew for sure one thing...I was NOT pregnant. Looked at Josie, knew she wasn't pregnant, and then looked and Lindsey and thought...SHE BETTER NOT BE PREGNANT. Then Lindsey started screaming and yelling at Josie saying, "I knew it, I knew it." I was SO confused. What was she talking about?!? Didn't she know that she couldn't get pregnant. But then, just then, I saw Josie's face. I saw her huge smile, and I knew. I wish I could describe my emotions. I wish I could eloquently describe the pure joy I felt. I never realized how happy I could be for someone else. I was though. I was beyond happy.
How did I show her this pure joy? With a pillow. I instantly grabbed a pillow and started hitting her with it. It sounds crazy, I know. I was crazy. Crazy with excitement. I just kept hitting her and making her promise that she wasn't playing a joke. I will always remember this moment. It was a moment that I believe the Lord blessed our family with and I know that Que was there with us...Laughing and smiling at our crazy excitement.
I am excited. I am excited to see her pregnant tummy grow. I am excited to see another miracle, just like I witnessed with his big brother Beckham. I am excited for my sister.
#2 - In less than 24 hours, Mitch and I will be home owners. We meet to close on the house tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. It's crazy to think that we walked through this house almost a year ago while still in Omaha. At that point, the house wasn't in our price range and we had no plans to move back. Now, a year later with the house going bank owned, and moving back to Utah, we are going to be moving in this very house. I am so excited.
It's in a "work in progress" house not too far from where we both grew up. Since it's been on the market for 2 years, it definitely needs some work. However, we love the neighborhood, we love the ward --- And we especially love that it's the only ward that meets in the building so we have church at 9:30 every year.
So, tomorrow we close and Tuesday we start the demolition. We are going to quickly do some remodeling of the kitchen before we move in. We hope to move in the end of April if everything goes according to schedule. Yay!!
#3 - This next item of excitement is only exciting for me. In fact, the rest of my family is deeply saddened. A few weeks ago, I received my acceptance letter into Swiss Days. As I jumped up and down, I looked to see my mom's severe disappointment. I think I am going to frame it and place it next to Mitch's law school diploma. Hah Hah!
With all three of these exciting events, I also know I have a ton of work ahead of me. It is going to be a CRAZY busy next 5 months. (Along with those three things, my sweet little sis is getting married in August and the reception will be at my parents house.) I also have got some adjusting to do. For the last 4 months I have been spoiled rotten with a laundry, cleaning, grocery and babysitting service (the joys of living with your parents). In fact, I can probably count on one hand the amount of time I have gone to the grocery store in that time and I have only gone with kids twice. Yeah, talk about SPOILED!! I am in for a big adjustment.
To end the post, I will show a picture of my kids. Yesterday, Micah came home from picking up pizza with balloons. The kids were screaming with excitement. It's so sweet to see how kids get excited about the little things. Just another reason why I want to be more like a little child. Oh, how I love them.

4 comments:
What a happy post! I've only met your sister once or twice but I am so happy for her! That's so wonderful for their little family. And hooray for your house! I will be in Utah at the end of May and plan on seeing you guys and maybe your new house! We miss you guys so much but we're so glad things are working out for you.
We're so excited too!!! Everything is so great, congratulations on settling on your house!
I am CRAZY excited for Jo and Micah! I wish someone could have video taped telling your family!!!
Secondly... can I come see your house when it's all done? I love it already from the outside!
Thirdly. I have just made a goal to go to Swiss Days. AND, I think we should get a girls night together and help stuff those books!
All such great news! What a blessing that your sister is pregnant! That's fantastic!
Post a Comment