Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter Morning:

The EB almost didn't make it this year.  When I got up 10 minutes before (actually one child was awake, but they were thrown in bed with dad) the munchkins did, the EB had not arrived.  Good thing he/she hopped in super fast.  Apparently the EB was super tired.

The baskets.

The excitement.

Jack and his basket.

Creigh got a $2 bill in his golden egg.
Apparently, that is not as cool as a $1 one.
I gladly traded.

Not quite sure what this was about.

Oh, now he's happy.
P.S.  his little snake there has been in our bathtub all week.
It's 4 feet long now.
Regretfully I have no pictures of them dressed ready for church.  Just imagine the most handsome, most studly boys in the universe.  Got the picture in your head??  Yes, that's what they looked like.

After church we headed up to Mark & Shari's house for the Evers' Family Easter Hunt.  They put together 600 EGGS for the kids.  It was so much fun.



Probably not the best photo.

Aha!  Much better.

Showing off the goods.

The Evers Clan. - Check out Easton's smile.  YEAH!!!
We sadly were missing Tiffany, Parker, Winter, Malia & Tyler.
Then we headed back to my parent's house for Easter Dinner and the Kids & Adult Egg Hunt.  The kids had a blast......again.







Gotta love E's new faces.

I think my favorite part of Easter was the fact that my kids (ok, my oldest 2 kids) really seemed to understand why we celebrate Easter.  Easter is probably my favorite holiday.  It is such a special day when we can really reflect on the life of the Savior and his resurrection.  Because of him, we will be resurrected and I know that we will see our loved ones that have passed on before us again.  I love this knowledge and I am so thankful for it.  I hope that my kids will continue to remember why we celebrate Easter.  Yeah, the egg hunts and the EB is cool and fun, but really, it's about something so amazing.  I love to hear them talk about it.  They always tell me how they will get to see their Uncle Que again.....Yeah, that's what I'm excited for too.  :)

No comments: