Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Santa Found Us!

Even with moving and everything, Santa found us!


The boys were so excited.....but even with their excitement, they didn't wake up until almost 8!  I know I will probably never get another year like that again.

lining up on the steps: youngest to oldest
Then "pure joy" began:




Easton only wanted to play with his trains (the first gift he opened).
He had no interest in presents after that point.

Creighton was SOOO excited about every presents.
Even when he got church socks, he held them up in the air and
ran all over the house screaming, "I got Church socks, CHURCH SOCKS."
Please let him always have this zest for life. :)





After opening the Santa presents, we had our traditional waffle breakfast and then got ready for Aunt Melyn and Uncle Jordan to fly into town.  In the down time, we played with all our new toys:

Completion of the Star Wars puzzle
After Melyn and Jordan came, the adults opened their presents:
We were truly blessed this year.....like always.  For the kid's journaling purposes:
Favorite Gifts 2010:
Jackson - leapster, snow boots
Creighton - Star Wars puzzle, leapster
Easton - Choo Choos, and a lego choo choo track
Mitch - coat
Allie - the boys used their "sniffers" and picked me out some perfume and they also got me my new favorite pair of pants.

We ended our Christmas day with the annual Evers Christmas party at "Papa's Place."  We have been having it there the last few years and I think every year just gets more and more fun.  Sadly, no photos were taken.  We had so much fun dueling each other in the blast zone, and even more fun playing lights out in the inflatables (we turn off all the lights in the whole place and play hide and go seek in the inflatables.)  Seriously, so much fun.

With that, Christmas was over.  I hope, however, that I taught my boys something this year and I hope that we, as a family, can keep the Christmas spirit throughout the whole year....because.....

Christmas isn't about ribbons, tags, boxes or bags.  Christmas doesn't come from a store. Christmas.....means a little bit more.

Christmas is about a little baby. in a manger.  A perfect little baby.  And greatest gift I have ever been given. I hope our family can celebrate his birth, each and every day, and remember the blessings we have been given....way, way, way too many to count.

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Totally loved Creighton's enthusiasum. I wish I could have bottled it up. And I think you are right...he must get it from Mitch;)