Sunday, December 19, 2010

Moving

I'm sure the world knows.......we've moved.

11 days ago, we started packing up our truck.
9 days ago, we pulled out of Omaha.
and....
8 days ago, we arrived in Salt Lake.

Crazy.  I really feel like we are just here for Christmas vacation.  It doesn't feel real.  However, the packing and unpacking has made it feel real.  Some of the moments I will remember:

-Shauna & Angie coming out to help me pack.  (Could not have done it without them!)
-My going away party (Thanks ladies...it was so fun!)
-All the awesome friends that helped with my kids.
-Loading the BEAST. 

4 men and one hour later....the beast finally made it in the truck.
I'm sure all 4 of those men were happy to see us pull away and to never see the beast again.  Unfortunately, one was riding with me and was cursing me to have to unload the beast just a few days later.
-Saying goodbye to Zoo Kindergarten.
Jackson * 5 1/2 * Omaha Zoo Bancroft Kindergarten

Mrs. Callahan - Jackson - Mrs. Prybill

Jackson's Christmas Program
Saying goodbye to Jackson's school was really hard for me.  I think that it was because it was the finale.  As soon as the Christmas program was over, we were taking Jackson out of school and leaving.  They sang Jackson a sweet goodbye song and then gave him a group hug.  I was a complete wreck, so I sent Mitch in to video tape while I sat in the hall and bawled like a baby.  
- We were so blessed to make it to Utah with no problems.  I-80 closed down, but I think we missed the closing by just minutes.  Also, while we packed up and the day we left, we enjoyed 50 degree weather (NEVER happens).  The day after we left.... -15 degree wind chill with 2 ft snow drifts on my porch.  Thankful?  Yes, you have no idea.

So... we are in Salt Lake and we are getting accustomed to living with family.  The boys are loving it and Easton won't leave Papa's side.  We have gone to Papa's place many times and we have plans to visit much much more.  There are some great things about living here......however, we did leave behind many awesome people. :(  Hopefully, they will visit me.....:)

No comments: