Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jackson's 5th Birthday Celebration

This post is just over a week old and I seriously can barely remember anything about the day. I guess you'll just have to hear about what I do remember which will probably make it less boring anyway.

We started the day with Jackson and Creighton's first swimming lesson. They loved it and they did awesome. For lunch Jackson requested Jimmy John's (Yay for me....I wasn't looking forward to the usually requested McDonald's). The boys reminded me why I don't go in public with the 3 of them alone, but we made it through it.


With the time crunch from the cruise and having company and also for just pure lack of organization skill, I opted for a birthday party at "The Amazing Pizza Machine" instead of trying to come up with a themed one here. Plus, we didn't want Mitch scaring the children again if we dressed up as Chewbacca or something.
Jackson was spoiled once again. He got a science kit, some magnets, a job chart (maybe that was more for me, but he was excited), a foam rocket, a remote control helicopter, a memory game, Elmo DVD, Homeward Bound (loved this movie when I was little...thanks Mary and Marty!) and some other gifts I am sure I am forgetting. Oh yeah, I just remembered, my mom sent him GIANT marshmallows. Why? I don't know. But, they are giant. I am sure it cost her 3 times the cost to ship them then they cost themselves, but we are excited to make some really yummy smores. Thanks Mom.


I made Jackson a baseball cake. The type of cake has always been a big deal to my kids and Jackson has had many ideas of what he wanted, but his last requested type was a baseball cake. It just so happened that I owned a baseball cake kit. Yes, that is right. Back when I was the super coolest girlfriend EVER, I made Mitch this cake for his 18th birthday. However, I do not remember it taking SO long. I must have really loved him and knew he was the one, because I have to say I almost gave up dozens of times making this for my oldest son. I stuck with it though and he got his baseball cake.

Thankfully, many of the parents came with their children to help and I left Easton home with one of the parents too. This resulted in children not being lost and I am sure they are thankful for that as well. I didn't realize how chaotic ten 3-5 year olds would be running around a place that has so much to do and see, but yes, it was scary at times but we made it out alive with only one in wet pants and had some good laughs along the way.

My favorite part was when Mitch decided to ride the rollercoaster with the kids, but none of them wanted to sit by him. He ended up sitting alone and there weren't any left by the kids so instead he is sitting off by himself, in his business clothes, and looked like a pedifile that heads there after work everyday. So sweet of him to be willing to go with him and we all knew he wasn't a pedifile so it's ok.
Once again, I can't believe my little Jackson is 5. He has grown up so much this last year and I can't believe he will be going to Kindergarten in just over a month and will be there ALL DAY, 5 days a week. He will have more influence there than he will at home. Scary! I will have to make sure he is prepared. I know I'm not.

4 comments:

Jordan Henderson said...

This was such a cool post! Love the picture of Easton smiling at his sandwich. And Mitch makes every b-day party better with his presence!

The Peterson's said...

I think I almost peed my pants laughing so hard with your comment about Mitch. He is my favorite.

angie said...

dang... i would have loved to hear about mitch dressing up again! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK! miss you guys tons.

Marianne said...

I have to admit that I was looking forward to how Mitch was going to dress up and scare the kids, but he had his shining moment on the roller coaster. Looks like tons of fun. Can't believe 5 is here - and kindergarten, too!