Sunday, July 11, 2010

Goodbye Ticks, Hello Mosquitos

I leave tick infestation to enter mosquito infestation. Both are nasty little buggers and I am so BUGGED!
This picture shows Easton's mosquito bite right between the eyes.
You can't see it real well, but his bites really swell up.

This was gross. The kids were down out the park for only 2 minutes when I found Easton with 4 blood spots. 1 on the face (you can see) and 3 on the arms. Jackson says, "Mom, I've been killing the mosquitos. Of course E was crying since Jackson kept hitting him. Eww, so gross.

So....I don't know what's worse. I am thinking the mosquitos since I currently have at least 20 and I was the only one in the fam that didn't have one of the ticks burrow in my skin. Jack on the other hand may say the ticks. He had one in a private place and didn't enjoy us digging it out with the tweezers. Poor guy.

I am hoping for a day with less bugs. Not seeing it in the near future, however, so I guess I should just focus on something else I am thankful for......like a home with windows to shut them out.

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Move to Utah! I haven't had a problem with either! Miss you all. I love how Jack is always watching out for his little bros.

Unknown said...

Kambryn is getting eaten alive by mosquitos! I am just glad I haven't had to worry about ticks...but then again the perks of Utah is being close to mountains...I am sure there are plenty of ticks there!