Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Santa Party

Hearing that there was going to be another big storm in Omaha coming on the 23rd, Mitch and I decided we couldn't wait to leave and we needed to leave on the 22nd instead. He talked to his work and I packed the whole next day and we left about 6 p.m. as soon as he got home. The weather was awful, (going about 40 mph half the way) but we drove through the night and surprised my parents at their door at 7:30 in the morning. It was all worth it to see the look on their faces.
That night was the annual Santa party and I was glad we were able to make it. The only problem was that my kids thought that this was the actual "Santa Claus is coming to town.....so where is my marbles" kind of night.
Santa gave each of them a book and Creighton's look on his face when he opened it was priceless. He just looked at me with the saddest face and said, "It's not marbles." Here are some pictures from the evening.
(Thanks for the shirts mom, they were perfect for my boys and fit their personalities.)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha I can only imagine Creighton and not getting his marbles. A book? What...lame for a 2 year old when he is expecting cool marbles! ha!