Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our California Adventure

This year, we went to Southern California for a family trip with my side. I found $29 flights out of Salt Lake to Long Beach a few months ago and since you can't beat that, we booked the flights and it was finally time to take the trip. We stayed right on Huntington beach and we had so much fun. We went to Knott's Berry Farm, the beach, DisneyLand, the aquarium, and did a lot of swimming. The boys loved it.
1st up, Knott's Berry Farm:
We got into CA at about 8 a.m. and couldn't check in until 4, so we drove right to Knott's Berry Farm. It was pretty dead so we were able to ride all the rides and even left at 1. The boys loved Camp Snoopy.


The Hotel:
The hotel was right on Huntington beach. I loved it because it had a really nice trail that went right along the beach for about 8 miles. Perfect for running! They also had a nice kids pool that they just built. It had slides and kiddie pools. We did a lot of swimming. So much in fact, that Mitch got swimmer's ear and was in a lot of pain the majority of the trip. However, that didn't stop him from swimming. I didn't get any pictures of us at the beach but here are some at the pool and in the hotel room.

Although my boys fight a lot, they also love eachother very much. For about 20 trips up to the slide, they would wait for the other one to get out and walk up with the arms around eachother. It was the sweetest thing. (You don't get a lot of tender moments with 3 boys, but this was one.)

We took a pack'n'play down to the pool for the babies. Beck and E would play and sleep in there. They are actually holding hands while they are sleeping in this picture.

Here's my crazy hair little guy sitting in his pen.

My boys lounging out. I was really lucky to have Courtney come visit us at the hotle. This was only the 2nd time Easton and Westin were able to get together. They are so cute together. Easton was kind of a party pooper most of the time. It was during his nap. Thanks for driving all the way down to see us Court!
One of my favorite pictures of my family was us doing a dog pile on a hotel bed in California probably about 15 years ago. Here is my little family doing the same thing. I can tell they are just thinking about doing something naughty in this picture. I love it though.


The more peaceful moments during the trip. Each night a couple got to pick the restaurant. My dad picked Ruby's. It was at the end of the pier in Huntington beach. It was cool and the boys loved their milkshakes!

At the kids pool they had 2 fire pits where you could roast marshmallows. We made smores as a fam. We actually attempted to do this 2 different nights. The 1st resulting in temper tantrums, but we did have success the 2nd night. We went to Disneyland one of the days. At first I was not looking forward to going. I don't like crowds and I don't like lines. My friend Janette told me about this website called Ridemax where they can print you out a schedule and it will give you shorter line times. Some engineers created it and I just put in all the rides I wanted to go on and the time we would be there and it gave me a schedule for the least amount of time in line. It was great. We didn't follow it exactly, but it gave us some good tips on mastering Disneyland.

I was so nervous about loosing one of the boys, so I dressed them in orange.


At the end of our trip we went to the aquarium on the way to the airport. The picture didn't turn out as I hoped. We are standing in front a lot of fish, but you can't see them.

It really was a great vacation! Here is the whole fam together! Thanks mom and dad!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Where did you find your plane tickets? I am just starting my search. We are headed to Disneyland in November!