

Yesterday would have been Que's 18th birthday. It was a special day and I loved reminding my boys about their uncle Que and directing my thoughts to him. Birthdays were always a big deal in my family, so we celebrated. We took up balloons and flowers to his grave and sang Happy Birthday (I know he was probably looking down on us from heaven thinking we are out there, but it was more about remembering him than anything else.) After we went and did baptisms for the dead which was a great and spiritual experience. I always feel Que there so strong. I don't think I had done baptisms for the dead since I was 13 years old, so that was really cool. Plus, since Lindsey hasn't taken out her endowments, it was a great opportunity for our entire family to be together. Thank you to my wonderful friends who offered to babysit. You're the best!
I can't believe it has been 10 months since he passed away. We found a journal he wrote in and he wrote about his birthday last year. In it he wrote that he was happy because "his 2 nephews and sister were there from Omaha (the worst place on Earth)." Everytime I think of that journal entry it makes me smile. It tells me that he missed me and my kids....enough to call where I live "the worst place on Earth" since it was so far away from him. I hope he knows that I missed him too then and I do now as well. I am sure he does though. :)
2 comments:
What a truly special way to celebrate Que's 18th birthday.
He must be so pleased to know of and feel your love.
Thanks for sharing this Al, I know that Que enjoyed the fact that you guys celebrated his birthday in true "Henderson" style. I can't believe it's been 10 months either. I had never heard about the journal entry and what he wrote. I teared up when I read that part. But as much as I love Que, I have to disagree and say that Omaha is not THAT bad ...
Happy Birthday Que. You are truly missed and loved!
Post a Comment