Let me start this post by saying, I am not pregnant. I say this, because I am about to admit a lot of crying that I did in a 2 day time.
About 3 weeks ago, my aunt passed away. Very suddenly. 55 years old. It was shocking.
I think everyone felt at peace with it all. We knew she was happy now. We can picture her dancing in fields and picking flowers and laughing. I am a little jealous she is probably with Quebert.
On the way to her viewing, the song, "Let them be little" came on. Do you know that song? It hit me. PLEASE, let them be little. STOP growing. I tell my boys this every day, but I don't think they are listening to me because they just keep growing. It's so, so, sad.
Then I arrived at the viewing. It was at the same place as Que's. It was hard. I wanted to see him in the coffin. I wanted to see him again. Hugging, mingling, saying I'm sorry, it was all the same. Again, I thought of my kids and kept thinking....just let them stay little. I know it seems like these points don't relate, but they do to me. When you grow up, life gets hard. Life can be sad. Life isn't always easy.
The next day, while at the luncheon after the funeral, we found out that my cousin's little boy (same age as Easton) had cancer again. He was starting Chemo again that week. Devastating. My heart aches for them. As I read their blog and find out that he needs a bone marrow transplant and that his chances this time around are 45%, my heart aches even more. Again, I just think, let them be little. Let them play with no cares in the world. Let them laugh and giggle. Let them sleep in the middle. Just let them be little.
So boys....the moral of this post. Stay little. Since you are going to grow up, don't forget about being little. And remember, I'm your mom and you will ALWAYS be my little boys. Even if you are destined to be taller than me. Love always, mom.
1 comment:
Sweet post... You made me cry though! But I agree with wishing my kids could just stay little and cuddlable (if that's even a word) forever!
Post a Comment