Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Visit to the East Coast

This post is behind (like most of them), but as I mentioned before, we went from the West Coast to the East Coast in a few days time. We headed to North Carolina to visit Mitch's family. Mitch's parents moved there a few months ago and live on a farm with Mitch's aunt's family, his grandma, and his uncle. Mitch's brother Marty and his family also moved to North Carolina a few months ago to attend maxiofacial radiology school at NCU. It was so fun to see everyone. I hadn't seen his grandma or aunt in about 8 years, and I had never met his uncle.

When we got into North Carolina, we went right to a beach house that his brother rented. We had SOO much fun! We went to the beach for a little bit and then we went on a boat ride.

Don't ask me what Jack is doing. Lately he has been doing this "Tiger claw" in pics.Here is Easton eating Jackson. He does this to me all the time. This is Jack with the dog that belonged to the Captain. His name was Tiger and they dressed him up in different costumes and made him do tricks. Here he is in a shark costume....he is a "Tiger Shark." Get it? The boat broke down in the middle of the tour, so we turned to the dog for entertainment.
Mitch, Tyler, Jack and Creigh
Here are some pics from the beach.
My little man. All he wanted to do is eat the sand.Boogie Boarding was so fun! The waves were huge!


Jack boogie boarding
Playing in the sand



Creigh boogie boarding
Back at the farm:
Here are the boys feeding the cows. They loved it and so did the cows.
I was just praying they didn't hit the electric fence while they threw the bread.
They didn't.
I have omitted some pictures, that I might add later. I gave Mitch the camera to take some pictures of the kids swimming. Some?? Let's just say a lot. 55 to be exact and they were only out there 20 minutes! I plan to make a 55 pictures collage as soon as I get time. I am sure you all are very excited to see it, so please check back.

While we were there, Lucy (Mitch's parent's bull dog) delivered puppies. She had 3. I learned a lot about bull dogs while I was there......let's just say I didn't realize how much work dogs are. I have my hands full with children, I'll just stick with them for now.


In case you couldn't see the puppies, Jackson is pointing them out with as much enthusiasm as I would have done. :)
The night before we left, we drove up to Chapel Hill to visit his brother and we went bowling. We had never taken the boys bowing before and we had a great time. Mitch was very enthusiastic for the boys:




Here is E hanging out with his cuz Malia.
E is about 2 months older. I love that my kids all have close cousins.
This is a freaky picture of Mitch I thought I would add.

I loved my kids bowling shoes!

Brotherly love.

Please note: Allie WON! Yes, the 2nd line from the bottom (116) is me
and the last row (115) is Mitch.

This is Mitch's reaction to the loss. The kids were there to comfort him.
It was a fun trip, but after traveling for 4 weeks, we were ready to go home. But not before a stop in Chicago and picture with the Blue Brothers.
So, after we got home, my kids got out there k'nex and built the following:
Do you know what it is? I didn't but, Jackson informed me....it's an electric fence!
Clever, huh? Jack's unhappy in this pic b/c Creighton broke off a piece.
Special thanks to all of Mitch's family for all their hospitality. We had so much fun visiting you and we love you all so much!

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

It makes me so happy to see the little boys. They just crack me up and your comments just add to the laughter. I miss you.

Bleak's said...

hahaha! I love the electric fence that Jackson made. Too funny! I also forgot to tell you that he said he touch the real fence and you said it would shock him... but it didn't! HIS WORDS!! :) Boogie boarding pics look way fun! See you had a great trip!!!