Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh, My Boys

This is just a quick update for journaling purposes.
Easton is another monkey! This high chair doesn't have a seatbelt on it and I don't remember having a problem with my kids trying to climb out until they were much older. Not E. He has been standing up and trying to climb out since he was 8 months old. He's only 9 months....what's next. I'm worried. How can you be mad at that face? Everytime I try to scold him he smiles like that, and I melt.My Jackson is loving school so much. Here he has laid out a pattern with his fruit snacks...not quite, but really close. :) Jackson loves being the big brother and he loves when I ask him to babysit. (Lately, I have put my video monitor downstairs and leave all 3 down there for Jackson to babysit. It's kind of like a nanny cam. They haven't figured out how I know all that goes on.)
Creighton is growing up so fast and I feel bad, because I forget that he really is only 2. He is so tall and hangs out with Jack and his friends, so I sometimes get frustrated with him, and forget that he is 2 years younger. He is such a sweetheart and he is Jackson's shadow. In fact, they now sleep in the same bed. Jack used to sleep on the bottom and Creigh on top, but Creighton won't sleep without Jack anymore. It's a good thing though. That was my plan all along. Now, as soon as E is old enough, he can go up top and bodaboom, bodabing, I have another craft room!
I think I let life go by so fast and even push it to go faster. This is such a fun time and I am trying to live in the moment and enjoy it more. I have started a gratitude journal. One for me and one for my kids. It has been a great thing for our family. Creighton every night when I ask him what he is thankful for he says, "Jesus and Singing Songs." He hasn't missed a night being thankful for that. There is one thing I want to write down every night too, just like Creighton. It's my boys.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You are probably on your way here already, but good luck on the trip! We're excited to see you. These pictures and stories are so cute. They made me miss those sweet little boys so much.