I have to share my potty training excitement right now. Jackson turned 3 on Sunday, and that morning we told him that his diapers won't work anymore since he is now a big boy and 3 years old. I knew I couldn't go back on this and I was scared. We put him in long pants and un
derwear so the pants would catch most of the pee. He had some accidents throughout the day, but that night, he finally went on the potty. The next day started out ok, but we had to put him in a pull up to go play at a friend's house and while there he went number 2. He had held it from the day before and was just waiting for a chance to do it I guess. Later that after noon, we were out at the playground and he yelled that he had to go potty, I ran him up and he actually went. He went again that night. I went to bed thinking it was going too well and tomorrow would be bad. However, he woke up and went and has gone a few more times since. He no longer has the fear that he has had for so long. Number 2 was another story though. I really thought that was never going to happen. However, I went outside to talk to a neighbor and when I came in the house, Jackson was jumping up and down yelling, "I went poo-poo, I went poo-poo all by myself." I checked his buns and indeed he had. I am in shock! I can't believe he went up all by himself and actually did it. I'll keep you all updated. I hope I don't have to write tomorrow and say that things were too good to be true, but right now I am completely giddy about the situation.
2 comments:
YAHOO! YAHOO! YAHOO! he looks so proud in his big boy underwear!!!!
Girl, about time you updated the blog... though I give you a little slack since there was some big storm that kind of went close to your house. Seriously, OMG - I can't believe how close that tree came to your house. I'm so happy to hear that you guys are ok and that you have so many wonderful people around to take care of you and the boys. Tell them thanks for me as well. I'm also thrilled to hear the good news about Jackson. Congrats!!! I loved reading your stories and try to file them away in my head as I prepare for all this. Love you.
Post a Comment