Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break! Wahooooo!

I am officially old enough to say that phrase again. 

I decided that I was going to be a cool mom this week and I even tried to document my coolness.

It started with a list.  I wrote down all the things the boys wanted to do.  It included: dinosaur museum, swimming, Aunt Josie's house, movie, children's museum, picnic at the park and papa's place.  We assigned each activity a day and then we assigned jobs.  If they got all their jobs done, we would do the activity. 

It was a fun week.

Monday:  Aunt Josie's & My mom and I took the kids to see a movie.  When daddy got home, we went to McDonald's for the treat after FHE.  The boys loved the little 3 and younger playground. 



Tuesday:  Children's Museum, City Creek, Temple Square, and lunch with Auntie Loulou.


They LOVE these things.  One day, I will get them for the boys.

The helicopter is always a hit.

They even performed in a skit. 
Recognize Little Red Riding Hood there in the back?
and another skit where they were some type of animals
We got pictures in front of the beautiful temple

LOVE these boys

Wednesday: We invited some neighborhood friends to Papa's place.

 Thursday:  It was supposed to be fun, but instead......

We had a movie day in bed....

And mommy shipped off 75 packages.
 Friday:  We went swimming!!
We also had a bazillion egg hunts (which will be reviewed and posted later) and had way more fun than you can even tell here. :)  It was so nice having all 3 boys home.  I hated when people would tell me that I would miss it when my kids went to school and I should "enjoy this time." Honestly, back then, I just wanted them in school.  It was hard.  However, they were right and I should have listened.  I miss them.

So, we did everything on the list but 2 things.  I'm pretty cool.  (Sarchastic tone if you couldn't hear my voice through the text.)

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

You are exhausting...and I am just like you. I can't wait for Beckham to be in school...but I am sure I will miss him when he is gone.

Melyn said...

Looks like so much fun!

Shauna said...

I think you are totally cool! What a fun week:)