Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jack's Front Tooth

Jackson lost his front tooth this week.  Like every other tooth he has lost, it was very dramatic.

I am writing this down, so Jackson can read this story in a few weeks when he goes to loose another one.  This front tooth has been loose for about a month.  It drove us nuts, because it would move around and it was sideways even a lot of the time.  It looked ridiculous.  Whenever Jackson would ask for something, Mitch would respond, "Yes, if you let me pull your tooth out."  Jackson would always respond, "No, I don't want it that bad."  There were things that I would have responded, "Heck yes, you can pull my tooth out for that."  But whatever. 

A few nights ago, Mitch was determined to get it out.  If you happened to walk by our house that night, you would think we were torturing him.  All you would here is, "No, No, PLEASE.  Please have mercy on me.  Have mercy.  I beg of you. I beg of you!!!!"  All this screaming just when Mitch mentions he is going to pull it out.  After a lot of prodding by us and screaming by him, he allows Mitch to do a "soft tug."  Before he can change his mind, Mitch does a fast pull and it's out.

AND THEN, like after EVERY other tooth that has come out....Jackson gets a huge smile on his face and exclaims, "It didn't even hurt!!! Thank you dad.  Thank you!"  Hugs and kisses, gushing blood, and everyone is happy. 

So, Jackson.......when you read this next month, remember, it doesn't even hurt and just let us help you earn a few quarters from the tooth fairy.  It's a lot more quick and painless when you don't scream and worry about it.

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Remember he earned a trip to Orlando.