Mitch and I left on Thursday afternoon and arrived to my parent's house about 4 a.m. our time. Mitch left to participate in the 2nd Annual Que Henderson Classic Golf Tournament at 7:00 and I remained lazy until I went to get my dose of Cafe Rio at 11:30. Hair cut and a trip over to see Mitch's folks and then my mom and I left to go up to Logan to get our good night's sleep before the torturous 26.2 miles in the morning. Being exhausted after the little to no sleep the previous nights, I went to bed at 8 and was awake and ready at 4 a.m.
The marathon was great. I felt great, the weather was great, and I was with great friends. My sweet friend got an injury during the race so we weren't able to complete it as quickly as we had hoped, but it was fun chatting it up along the way.
| Brynn, Shauna & I before the race. Dang camera phone...blurry! |
| 2 & 52! My 2nd, her 52nd. |
| Shauna and I after the race. |
| Easton, Creighton, Jackson, Ben, Amelia, & Alex |
The kids had so much fun seeing their cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and of course the dogs. It was a fun, but quick trip. Too bad 31 hours of it was spent in a car. :( We pulled back into Omaha at 1:00 this morning.
6 comments:
If all goes well, I'm hoping to run that marathon next year. Way to go on running your 2nd!
You look AWESOME! I think you need to bottle up some of that motivation and send it my way... so does Jo. :)
Wow, that was fast! I didn't even know you were there until your mom said something!
Congrats on another great accomplishment. I can't believe you've already done two marathons. You're a rockstar!
oh I wish I was up there with you guys!! Congrats again! Talk to you soon!!
it's still so wrong that i wasn't there. (your mom is a machine!)
Post a Comment