I started working at a very young age. 6 maybe? Not quite sure. I remember by age 8 I was working the snack bar. I thought it was really cool to work and I enjoyed it. I never lasted that long, but I loved the quarters I would get in return.
I have started working at the Omaha Farmer's Market downtown the last month about every other week. Creighton and Jackson have come and "worked" with me and it has been so fun. One week Jackson was so excited he had me wake him up at 6:30 so he could go. He stayed in his chair helping me until 10:30 when Mitch came to get him and then Creighton traded him places.
 |
| Peeking behind the books. I couldn't get him to stand behind them. |
I think Creighton enjoys it the most. He loudly says, "These are my favorite recipes books." Then he hurries and gets a bags and holds it out. Then when they don't buy it, he says, "Oh, Man!" He cracks me up. We had a great time hanging out and I love the time we spent together.
 |
| Sitting in his chair...waiting for customers. |
 |
| On the down times, we drew pictures of robots. |
Thanks Creighton and Jackson for the company!! You're the best employees mom could ever have and you worked for just a shiny half dollar. Cheapest employees ever.....hmmm...maybe that's why my dad always had me work.
1 comment:
Oh, the memories of working at Classic as a young kid. I'm glad you're boys are getting a similar experience and that they are enjoying it.
Post a Comment