***I know I haven't even posted the last 3 weeks of summer including our super fun Utah trip, but I need to post this today since this is a HUGE milestone.
I can't believe this day has arrived. Jackson left today for his first day of ALL day school. He left at 8:30 this morning and I didn't pick him up until 3:00! He spent more time there than he did with me, and that is how it is going to be for now on. Where did my baby boy go???
Jackson could not have been more excited. There was not even a moment's hesitation and he has been counting down for over a year now. What's most exciting is that he has the COOLEST kindergarten class in the world. No doubt. He goes to school at the zoo! The Omaha zoo was just voted by the USA Today the #1 zoo in the country and my little boy happens to go to school there. Everyday he gets to go look at the animals as they put their zoo safari hats on and explore. Today's adventure: the gorillas and the orangutans.
It is bittersweet for me. On one hand, I am so excited for him. He is bored at home. He is ready to learn. Even last year he would tell me he wish he could go to school for longer and every day. On the other hand, it makes me really realize that this is it. For the next 20 years (give or take), he will be in school. I no longer will have all day everyday to just be with him. I am starting to wish I would have taken more advantage of that time.
I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. Forever and always my baby you'll be.
Love you Jacks.
Mom
P.S. When I picked Jackson up today he recounted his day as "the funnest day ever."
5 comments:
he is absolutely going to LOVE this year of kindergarten. I am so excited for Jack and also for you.
I miss you girl! talk to you soon!
I cannot believe he is gone all day. PS. I love the new comment style.
What a bittersweet day!! Time is flying!!!
Yay for Jackson! What a big day... for him and for you. Congrats!
P.S. Can we go to the zoo when Westin and I come visit?
Our kids really do have the coolest kindergarten class! Riley also described her first day as the funnest day ever!
Post a Comment