Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our Trip to Utah

At the beginning of August the boys and I went to Utah for a week.  My mom flew out here and drove out with me.  We left Sunday night, August 1st at 6:00 p.m. and drove through the night and arrived at my parents house at 5:30 a.m. (12 1/2 hour trip....best time ever!)  I had such a fun drive with my mom.  We chatted almost the whole way and it was great.

The week was super busy with haircuts, massages, and catching up with family and friends.  Mitch was greatly missed and I only wished he could come out so we could have stayed an extra week.  I am so glad we ended up coming in the summer though because all the swimming made my kids in heaven.  My mom always goes above and beyond to make us happy and I always end up eating way more than I ever should.

At the end of the week, my nephew was kind enough to drive back to Omaha with us and we made the trek home.  It was another awesome drive.  We left at 4 a.m. and Easton slept until 8:30 and then all 3 boys went back to sleep at 2:00 and slept until 5:00 when we were pulling into our neighborhood.  I couldn't have asked for a better drive.

It was so good to see all those that we were able to see and I hope we'll be able to see more next time!  The next 5 or so posts are all about our time there.

No comments: