Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Birthday Celebration!

Jackson had a big day of celebration! When I talked to him about his birthday, he said he was excited for decorations. What?!? I have never decorated for birthdays before. So....it was time to pull out some old streamers and balloons I've had for I have no idea how long, used my cricut to make a banner, and I decorated. It was fun and I think he enjoyed it.


It was a very busy day. It started with opening his presents.


He got the "Big Boy ROCK-IT Bike" he picked out. It has been so fun watching him ride it. He absolutely LOVES it.

Jackson also got a dollar bill from his great grandparents and so he wanted to go to "Ed's." Ed's is the little pharmacy down the street that has candy. So, we walked on down there and he bought Creighton and I candy too. What a sweet kid!



We went to a neighborhood pool place and the kids loved it. Jackson loved the big slide and it was nice to have a kid that didn't need assistance.












After nap time we headed to "The Amazing Pizza Machine" for pizza and fun.


Jack and all the boys





Random picture of Jenny and Benson


Random picture of Andrew (Mitch insisted I post these pictures, so don't get mad at me Andrew and Jenny.)




From front to back: Jenny & Creighton, Mitch & Jackson, Andrew & Tanner


Mitch and Jack (They took 2nd....Jenny took 1st --(does that comment make up for the pic?)


After the Pizza Machine we headed home for cake and ice cream.




I'm not much of a cake decorater, so this is what I came up with.

He was so excited to blow out the candles that he blew them out before we started singing, so we had to re-light them.


It was a really long day, but we had a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone who called, sent cards, came over, etc. We have such wonderful family and friends and Jackson is one lucky boy to have you in his life!!

4 comments:

The Sutera Family said...

Looks like he had a fun day. The banner you made is so cute. I love the cricut, my friend has one and I think it is so cool. Looks like everything is going well tell mitch I said hello!

Shauna said...

Jackson we hope you had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for letting us help you celebrate!

Bleak's said...

Yeah pretty sure that is a SCARY picture of me... what's with the face?? Did I know you were taking that! Take it off! Just kidding... it will just ruin the really cute birthday post!

anya said...

Your banner and cupcakes are adorable! I want a circut!!!