Friday, February 13, 2009

My Sweet Little Creigh


I know that most of my posts don't talk about my "Sweet" little Creigh, but more along the lines of "My Naughty Little Creigh," but he really is such a sweet boy. Many of you know that Creighton has always had trouble with his lungs. Everytime he gets a cold, it goes straight to his lungs and he immediately starts wheezing and has trouble breathing. Yesterday, he was having a really hard time and he was completely miserable. My Dr. has suggested in times past that Creighton might have asthma, but I always just blew it off because our families really have no history of asthma. However, he gave me a book to read about it, and I now realize, "Oh, he probably has asthma." He's such a warrior through it though. He rarely complains and most the time you wouldn't even know he is struggling. We now have to give him a steroid treatment through his nebulizer and he is such a good little boy. He's had about 5 treatments (of medicine and the steroid) the last 24 hours and he will just sit on the couch the whole 5 minutes and breathe it in. I've been really proud of him. Hopefully this steroid will build up his lungs and will prevent more problems in the future. It's going to be a pain doing it everyday, but luckily he's been really good and I hope he will continue to be. We're just thankful that he generally only has the problem when he gets sick and he isn't allergic to a lot of things. It's also has helped moving away from our smoking neighbor. :)

Here's a picture showing Creighton with his little mask on.

10 comments:

1runhen@comcast.net said...

he looks muchael phelps

1runhen@comcast.net said...

I mean, he looks like michael phelps: papa

The Evers Family said...

Lovely comment dad.

The Wood Family said...

It's so sad to see him with a mask on! But I hope it helps... Addie still talks about Creigh... when are you coming out this way again? Probably the wedding? :)
Steph

Unknown said...

Poor Creigh! I hope that lovely mask helps! Oh I am glad you don't live by our smoking neighbor, but I am still mad you moved 5 houses further away from me. I know it isn't that far but sometimes it seems like you live in another state. We just need to start running together again every morning, that will solve the problem.

todd and jeanette said...

creigh really is a super sweet little boy. he is always so happy and fun to be around. but, then again, with such great parents, i guess you can't help but be so fantastic.

Bleak's said...

hahaha! That was a pretty funny comment. But Creighton's cute and will be lots smarter than him!
Good for Creighton to be so good and wear it, I can only imagine how hard that would be to start him wearing it with him being so young! Hopefully he gets better! That would be no fun to wear!

angie said...

i love creigh. i've decided him and sami have to get married. oh, and your dad is hilarious!

Spendloves said...

my poor little nephew has asthma too and it is no fun! he is in the hospital every other month! creighton is such a cutie! i can't believe he is two! josh always talks about creighton's spiky hair when he was a baby.

on another note, congrats on the job Mitch and turning 26! You are way successful at such a young age!

Shauna said...

You think I would be up on what is going on in your life, I live across the street! (I have been a little slack in checking blogs) I am glad he is such a good sport about his treatments! (I LOVED his valentine outfit:)