Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is a week-long holiday with many parties and lots of sugar which equals cranky kids. (I DEFINITELY noticed it today.) Jackson and Creighton had so much fun though. Jackson was really into it and when he was "Batman" he actually answered better to "Batman" than to Jackson and I don't think he even meant to on purpose.
Jackson was Batman. His costume consisted of about 4-5 different pieces of my brother's old costumes put together. It was very hodge podge, but he was happy. He couldn't see very well, but it didn't seem to bother him. Creighton was a monkey, however, most people said what a cute bear he was. Whatever. For one of the many parties he was an Incredible. You have to make use of all the costumes.
Mitch had to go out of town this weekend for a negotiation competition so I was flying solo. I am just so thankful it was a gorgeous day and I didn't mind taking the kids trick-or-treating since it was about 70 degrees. We had fun and they did really well except for 2 things: (1) Creighton insisted on carrying his own bag and he was terrible at it. He dragged it the whole time. (2) This is embarrassing even to write, but Jackson through a temper tantrum at one house where they were passing out single Starbursts. He just sat there and looked at them like, "are you kidding me?" As I tried to drag him away he started screaming that he didn't want little Starbursts, he wanted big Starbursts. Awful! You try so hard to not have your kid be "that kid," but he was then. It didn't help that the night before we went trick-or-treating at the law school and they gave out the King Size Starbursts. Spoiled rotten. Anyway, after a few minutes of screaming we were on our way to the next house. Luckily, we didn't have any other outbursts.
We ended the evening with taking their costumes off and sitting at the table eating their pick of 2 treats. All and all, it was a great night. We just wished that Mitch was there.

Jack and Creigh with friends at the Law School Trick-or-Treat.
The Oliverson's, the Goates', and us right before we went trick-or-treating.
Boys when we got back. Showing off their candy (nerds and a sucker).
When Jackson goes to bed early, BatCreigh comes out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You really have the cutest boys ever! (I agree that the law school king size candies are not the best thing for pre-trick or treaters.) Happy Halloween!

angie said...

i didn't know that's why jack got so upset. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that is hilarious!!!!! oh, i took your pic off my blog...talk about being spoiled! ;)

Jason and Tawni said...

Hilarious, I will make sure that I never send your kids anything but King Sized candy bars. I wouldn't want them to be mad at Aunt Tawni now would I? Their costumes are great, I love those boys and miss them terribly. Aren't there any firms that Mitch would like to work for in St. George?

Love you,
Tawni

Courtney said...

OMG - I'm laughing out loud right now at the Jackson story. That is so hilarious! And if I remember correctly, the Henderson house used to be the house the to go to on Halloween cause they passed out the King Size candy bars...

Oh and to counter Tawni's request that you move to St. George... there's plenty of law firms in LA... and you never have to worry about the weather on Halloween here. Just a thought.

Amy said...

BatCreigh! I love it!

That is so funny about Jackson! Rest assured my kid will be THAT KID. Always. I'm doomed.