Sunday, September 28, 2008

Even Superheroes Get Sick

Lately, Jackson has been really into Superheroes, namely: Spiderman, Batman, and Superman. About 2 weeks ago, we were sitting in Church and Jackson was eating some Batman fruit snacks. Mitch told him if he ate them, he might turn into Batman. A few minutes later, Jackson looked down at his arms and noticed his veins (veins are the blackish blue color as you know). He got the biggest eyes and he told Mitch, "Daddy, I'm turning into Batman." He was so excited and just kept finding more and more veins and declaring he was turning into Batman. Then today, on the way to church, Jackson noticed he had red markings all over his hands. I knew immediately they were from the red pen he had been using to color with not very long before. However, he did not. His eyes got really big again and he said, "Now I am turning into Spiderman." As he kept gazing at them for a while, he did finally declare, "Maybe they're from a red marker? I'm not turning into Spiderman." We agreed with him on this.

Although my son may be turning into a superhero, he has not been able to withstand the illnesses that attack him. He has been sick for a while and complained about his ear hurting, but after him waking up every 20 minutes or so last night whimpering about his ear, I did take him to the Dr. today and he has a very nasty ear infection. He doesn't have Superman's ability to heal himself, but we are grateful for antibiotics and I am sure in a day or two he will be back to being a superhero....whichever one is his favorite for the day.

5 comments:

Bleak's said...

That is too funny! These boys and superheroes. But the turning into one is the best! I can only imagine what a little 3 year old is thinking when he can see blue and red on his arms all the sudden! Hopefully he is feeling better, poor kid!

Jason and Tawni said...

Sorry that Jacks is sick, that is yucky. I am now wondering if maybe that had something to do with the way he was driving you nuts with the whining on Friday. Poor kid, he was still in a pretty good mood for having an ear infection the whole time. Make sure to give him his medicine and maybe he will actually be healed ... :)

Unknown said...

That is so funny! What an imagination Jackson has! too cute!

Spendloves said...

LOL! We miss Jackson so much! Here's to feeling better!!!!!

Spendloves said...

Allie, I just wanted you to know that I heard about your family and also to tell you that we're thinking about you. Your family will be in our thoughts in prayers.