Monday, May 21, 2012

Need

I need to write on my blog.
I need to do 10 loads of laundry.
I need to fold the load that has been sitting in the dryer for a week.
I need to unload the dishwaser so I can load the dishwasher.
I need to read to my kids.
I need to make sure Jackson does his homework.
I need to stop eating everything I see and find.
I need to organize the swim lesson schedule.
I need to pay our bills.
I need to weed, water my dying grass, and mow the lawn desperately.
I need to be a better visiting teacher.
I need to be there for those that are struggling right now.
I need to sleep.  Why am I so tired?
I need to stretch my legs. Failed to do this after my long run this weekend.
I need to take my bike back to the store and get a new one and actually use it.
I need to make a birthday present for a friend's bday tomorrow.
I need to make a dozen phone calls to take care of things.
I need to do a bizillion things for my business.
I need to make more time for my kids.
I need to simplify my life.

I feel overwhelmed.
I want to be the best mom.
The best wife.
The best daughter.
The best sister.
The best young woman leader.

I want to have a successful business.
I want to be a vampire.
If I was a vampire, I wouldn't need to sleep.

I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
I am thankful for the reminders it gives me about what is important in life. 
I am thankful for my children. 
I am thankful for my legs that allow me to run to clear my head.
I am thankful for all the many people in this world that make me happy.

I love my life.
I love my kids.
I love my husband.
I love my family.
I love my Father in Heaven.

I am grateful.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I want to be a vampire... you kill me.