Thursday, May 24, 2012

Loving life today

Mitch got me a bike for my birthday and I am in love.  My sweet next door neighbors are letting us use their tandem bike (see Easton in the back...he is attached to mine) and they gave it to us last summer.  It's only taken us a year to get a bike to use it with, but we finally did it. 

Last night we went on our first bike ride. Even though it was just around our neighborhood a few times, it was quite terrifying.  I think my children think that cars are our friends and they won't hurt if they hit us.  They were riding in the middle of the road, not stopping at stop signs, etc.  I spent a good portion of screaming and my heart pounding.  I definitely have some big talks planned about bike safety before our next one.

Today was amazing.  I went for about an hour bike ride with Easton this morning after the big brothers went to school.  It was an awesome work out and he loved it too.  Yay!  I'm one happy mommy.  Too bad Creighton's last day of preschool is today and we went be able to do quite as intensive bike ride anymore, but it will still be fun.

Here is to many, many more bike rides. :)


1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

The coolest bike attachment. Beck LOVED it and talked about it all night. You are the best aunt for taking him so many times.