Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween

The Costume Decisions:

Jackson - Jack's school asked them to dress up as a storybook caracter and carry around the book during the school parade.  When we found out this information, it made our decision for "What to Dress Up As" that much harder.  We decided on Frankenstein and he carried around the book, Frank was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance.  It is such a cute book for any of you that haven't read it.  So, we purchased his costume off Amazon and we were on our way. 


Jackson at his Halloween parade holding his book, "Frank was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance."

Creighton - Creighton's decision kept changing each week at pre-school.  First, he came home wanting to be an Indian after having a week learning about Native Americans.  The next week, however, they learned about astronauts and that was what stuck.  Few more clicks on Amazon and again, we were on our way.


Creighton with some random kid at a party dressed as a space shuttle.

Easton - Easton's decision was made for him by his mommy.  Since he is my E-monster, when I saw the adorable blue and green monster costumes I had to get it for him and Josie got one for Beck.  If you ever asked him what he was going to be, he would tell you Spiderman.  He loved his monster costume though and wore it just as much as the Spiderman costume.  And when Halloween came, he wore the monster costume with no qualls at all.  Yipee.  I thought he looked adorable.....but I am his mom of course.




Halloween Day:

It started with Jackson's parade at school.  I got some pictures with the kids and Grandma and Aunt Lindsey.



 I helped his class afterwards with their class party. 



That night, my parents had their annual Halloween BBQ.  They have been doing it for 16 years and they get over 250 people.  It's quite the big party.  We haven't been since Jackson was a few months old, so it was fun to let the kids see Grandma and Grandpa's tradition.....and the food was really good






After the party we went back home and trick-or-treated in our neighborhood.  The kids got way too much candy which I have been enjoying a little too much.  Easton made it about 1/2 as far as the other two.  He just wanted to get to eating the candy, not just collecting it.

We love Halloween.  I remember as a kid that my friends in Jr. High used to call our house the "Las Vegas Strip" because my mom put out hundreds of lighted pumpkins out on our front lawn. I definitely didn't get that gene from her, but it did instill a love for Halloween in my heart.  I love seeing how excited my kids get, I love the anticipation, and I love to see a community come together.  It's a fun holiday.

Another great thing about Halloween......it brings us that much closer to the Christmas season.  So excited!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Love the pictures of the kids at mom and dads. So cute.