Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hoarding or Hiding?

My kids are sneaky.  I constantly hear the running of feet right after they slyly walk past.  Do they think I will get mad about everything, so they feel like they have to sneak everything?  Not quite sure.

Now some things, I am not O.K with.

For example, eating a whole package of Oreos.  Umm, not ok. 

Creighton has a hiding place.  Not quite sure how long he has had it.  Didn't really know that this place was existed in my parents house.  Thankfully, my mom found it.

This secret place was behind a couch, under a table.  Under this table: a pillow, empty wrappers, and a whole empty package of Oreos....I think there was even an empty box of Pop Tarts.   Hmmm....maybe that's why he wasn't eating so well at dinner.  The question is: When does he sneak off and do this and why doesn't his mother notice?  I am wondering this too!!!  I better ask her.

Now my mom has a theory. She believes he was hoarding. Not too long ago, Creighton was sent to bed without dinner after a very special tantrum at the dinner table.  Her thought, maybe he is like a squirrel and storing food for when that dreadful time comes yet again.  Well, he sure didn't save it for that time so I am sticking with the hiding theory.

1 comment:

angie said...

i'm thinking too smart for anyone's good! ;) i would love to have a hiding place were i could pig out on oreos in peace.