Sunday, December 13, 2009

I HAVE POTTY POWER!

It's official! Creighton has potty power and is using the potty all the time. It started about a week ago with him wanting to use the potty. I honestly didn't feel like I had the time or energy to start this process, but he really wanted to. He was doing really well with the pooping, but the peeing was not going so well. Half way through each day I would put him back in diapers and he was usually glad to go back in them.

Last Thursday night, he got out of the bath and was about to get dressed when I could tell he needed to go. We ran in the bathroom and it took him about 10 minutes to actually go (he was so scared and little drips would start to come out and he would hold it back). The next day he wanted to wear underwear. We watched a movie called "Potty Power." In the movie they tell him to throw his diapers. He did just that (with me secretly removing them...just in case) and he shouted that he has "potty power!"

So....with one accident that day, one accident yesterday, and NONE today we are on our way. In fact today, he was going without even telling us he had to go. We would just hear the toilet flush. All I have to say is YEEEEE HAH!!!

2 comments:

anya said...

I need this movie! Potty Power! Where do I find it?

The Evers Family said...

I got it from netflix. good luck!