Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Hunt

It was so fun to watch my little guys do their Easter egg hunt. It was just the two of them, but it was still great. Jackson was way into it. Creighton understood, he just definitely wasn't as fast. Here are a few pics.


The last few years, we have been doing an adult Easter egg hunt for the 5 siblings. We love it. My dad puts a big money prize in an egg and we run around like crazy in hopes of getting it. This was one of the traditions I remember Que loved the most. He was so competitive and we had so much fun. This year, I really didn't want to continue this tradition. To me, it was his and just wasn't going to be the same. However, at the last minute, we decided to continue with the tradition. I ran hard....in his memory. :)

I have been so thankful for this Easter. More than ever, I really appreciated the resurrection of Jesus Christ. My elder brother died so that I will be able to one day live with my little brother again. Words cannot express my gratitude for my Savior Jesus Christ.

Here is a picture of us getting ready for the hunt. You will notice my little sister Lindsey and my little brother Que are missing. Lindsey is still in Italy for Study Abroad (we miss you so much Lou!), but Melyn (Jordan's fiance) ran for her....and lucky for her, she found the big egg.

The following two pictures are for me to have on my blog. I love my brother's grin in each. It's proof of his love of 'the hunt.'
Here are the 5 siblings. I love this picture! I think it's hilarious that Lindsey, Que, and Josie all have their eyes closed.
Jordan was on his mission during this picture, but I have my arm around Que.

6 comments:

Lynden and Lyndsay said...

Your family really does have such FABULOUS traditions! I want you to know that I really think that your family is so wonderful and I feel so blessed to have you guys in my life!

angie said...

luv ya, allie! (i didn't know your competitiveness was genetic!!)

Jason and Tawni said...

Love these pictures, your family is always doing such fun traditions, there are so many that I plan to steal in the future ... I cried a bit when I saw the pictures of Que and when I read the stories that you shared. Good for you for doing the traditional egg hunt in his honor and for running in his place. You know that he would have wanted you to.
I love you babe, I get to see you in 6 weeks!!!!!!!!

Jason and Tawni said...

I know that I just left a comment before this one but might I add how SKINNY you look in the picture before the egg hunt this year? Good heck Al, give the rest of us some time to lose our baby weight before you do. You just had a baby 5 months ago and you would never even know it!

Marianne said...

Cute pictures! Creighton in the nude is a classic. Also, thanks for the comments about your little brother. I never told you, but my mom lost her little brother that was Que's age about when I was Jackson's age, and our Easter traditions have all centered around the hope and knowledge we have that we will be with Uncle Jeff again. It really is quite a blessing to know that.

The Hinds said...

Oh those pictures are priceless!! I can't believe how Que just towers all of you. It was great to see you at the shower, little Easton is getting so big.(well bigger than Gavin haha)