Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Big Jim's Rockin' New Years

A party I look forward to every year is my dad's "Big Fat Jim's Rockin' New Years Eve Party." This year, I went solo. I mean Mitch and all the boys were there, but they didn't participate in the event. The event involves a rousing game of Nerts and Mitch feels it causing too much contention in the family, so he chose to watch a movie downstairs with the boys. Since the game only lasts an hour or two, I allowed the bailout. :). I'm sure the boys appreciated it.

After the game, we celebrated New Years New York style (aka lame, can't stay up until midnight so we celebrate at 10) and we went home to bed.

I'm excited for this New Year. I'm excited for our family to grow this year. I still can't believe we are having another. It's going to be a good year.

Oh....and to put it on record: our family's new Years resolution is to read the Book of Mormon. We are committed to finally making it past Alma.



No comments: