Sunday, May 22, 2011

26.2 down, more to go

Yesterday, was the Ogden marathon.  My sweet little sister and I have been training together and it was finally the day.  We were so excited to just get it over with.

Lindsey Lou, Mom, and Me
This excitement did not last.

Have you even seen the finish line of a race and see a person almost pass out?  Usually someone goes and grabs them and has to basically carry them out of the way.  Yeah, that was me.  The lady ran right up to me as I crossed, grabbed on to me, and didn't let go.  Hahaha  Very cool.

To summarize the feeling that Lindsey and I both had:  We are so glad it is over.

I am supposed to run the Utah Valley Marathon in 3 weeks and Ragnar in 4 weeks.  Let's just say that after those 4 weeks, I think I am going to be taking a very long break from running.  I started running as my break and it's turned into a chore.  I need to make it enjoyable again, so I am going to pass the baton to Mitch (he says he is running the next one.)

Even though I don't have a lot of positive feelings about yesterday, I was so thankful to have such an awesome running partner and to have my kids and Mitch surprise me at the finish.  I am also thankful for my body and the things it is capable of.  Last year I wasn't able to run this race because of an injury.  I have been very blessed to remain injury-free, even through the race.  I know there are many people that aren't able to run, and I can never take this ability for granted.  It is, truly, a blessing.

Well....on to the next one.  Argh.

6 comments:

Melyn said...

Good job to all of you!

The Wood Family said...

Way to go! Did I know you were doing the ragnar? What runner are you?

Jordan Henderson said...

Very big congratulations to you and Lindsey (as well as mom, of course). I'm so proud my sisters have gotten into running.

Courtney said...

Congratulations! You're freakin' awesome. Still another marathon and ragnar. Wow. I won't even try to live up to that. Looking forward to hearing about Ragnar. I've thought about doing it... let me know.

Marianne said...

Congratulations! Way to go. And I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the "confession." I love it! By the way, your house looks amazing. How exciting! Good job to Mitch, too. So many awesome things happening to you guys lately!

Bleak's said...

WAY TO GO!!! Good luck with the next two! You are such a trooper!