Monday, July 20, 2009

Moving On.....

Here I am, living in a community where everyone "puts in their time" and leaves. We came with this intention as well, but yet, we are still here. Don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy about staying here in Village Green. I absolutely love it! I love the people, all the kids, our home, the great deal it is, maintenance, the gardens, I could go on and on. However, these last few months have been hard while I've watched many who we moved here with and thought I would move away with, leave. An hour ago, I just watched one of my very best friends leave. She was the last of my close friends to leave and I sit here wondering exactly what my feelings are.



I know I didn't do this with my other close friends that left, but in my defense it's purely just because they left at a very busy and bad time. One in fact, left basically in the night without me even saying good-bye (you know who you are). So, to all those friends, I love you and please know that, but know this post if for you too.


These last 2 weeks have been just Razzle G and me.....and our kids. With our husbands studying for the bar night and day, we have been single mothers together. Our kids could basically call eachother brothers after the time they have spent together. Razzle G (by the way, her nickname, not mine) is one of the most unselfish and giving people I have ever met in my life. She is constantly serving and she is someone that you want to be just like. I can't count the times she came over to my house with a smile on her face telling me she wanted to clean something and said, let's just go room to room. I honestly think she has cleaned my basement more than I have. Embarrassing, I know. I really had great intentions to write her a card and get her a present to thank her, but of course, being me things didn't come together and I didn't. So...this post if for her.


Razzle G,
Thanks for introducing me to your Bucky's concoction. Thanks for running with me everyday and being so excited about doing it. It's going to be hard running without you and your chipperness. Thanks for cleaning my house countless times. Thanks for being my kids second mommy these last few weeks. Thanks for being someone I look up to and want to be like. I know I speak for many in the VG that have been blessed by your service when I say thank you.
I am glad you are moving to my second home.
See you next week,
Allie
Jack with one of his best buddies, Ben
Jack, Creigh, Ben, and Alex

Note to everyone else that left me here in the VG: I can't wait for you to get back....even though I will probably be gone when you do. :) We'll have to catch back up in September. JB: Bad timing on your trip by the way. jk

5 comments:

Becca and Jon said...

Allie I totally agree with you about Razzle G! She's always there for everyone & it's wonderful, I sure miss all of my VG friends!

todd and jeanette said...

i didn't know that was her nickname, but knew immediately who you were talking about. i must admit, i, very selfishly, was super excited when i found out they were moving here. now, i wait and hope we might be lucky enough to live near them and spend time with them. "razzle g" has been one of my best teachers on kindness, thoughtfulness, and making one feel comfortable and loved. vg produces great friends!

belliesue said...

Ditto! Allie, you're also on that angel list!

Unknown said...

What a sweet post Allie! Razzle G snoop dog is just simply the best! We all love her and miss her. as well as the rest of them that decided to move out of VG and on with their lives. I am glad you are still in VG!

Jason and Tawni said...

I am sorry that you are losing all your VG buddies. They were truly some of the nicest girls that I have ever met. I thought that you were so lucky to live by such wonderful people and I am sad that you are having to say goodbye. You should probably move to St. George. I am pretty sure it would make you feel better.