So 26 is not a monumental age, but I just had the best birthday ever! The last two years have kind of sucked because Mitch was in the middle of finals and my family never really did anything because I always go back home after the semester ends, so they would always just hold off until then. For some reason, everything was aligned this year and it was GREAT.
(Please note, almost everything revolved around food with my birthday...as I believe it should :)) It started with my parents surprising me the week before and taking me out to dinner. Then, my older sister came into town to help me celebrate too. The morning of the big day, I slept in and we went to the Farmhouse Cafe for breakfast (delicious). Then I went and ran errands I wanted to do. Then I was able to go to the gym and not feel guilty about working out. I did a few classes and it was awesome. That night Mitch took me to the Paxton for dinner which was was very yummy and Mitch topped it off by getting me "The Wedding Cake" from Wheatfields (yeah, the best cake ever).
K.....so that's the best day, right? Um, it got even better. I ran with Josie to run an errand and when we got back, she handed me a card. In the card was a poem and a picture of my clue. It said there were 26 pictures and I had to find each one to get the next clue. I was running around my entire neighborhood in my high heel boots collecting all the picture clues. The final one was of Angie's door and when I knocked on it, many of my friends were inside to surprise me. The time and effort they spent on me made me want to cry. For one little second when I started it, I thought, "Wow, Mitch did this?" however, when I quickly realized the nature of what they had done, I knew it had to be a woman's work and it was not Mitch. I just want to thank my friends for doing that for me. It really meant so much to me and I will always remember it.
I also have to thank my sister and Baby Beckham for making the long trek out to see me, my parents, Mitch and the boys, Tawni for an awesome pedicure that I can't wait to use, and all the other people that sent me cards, calls, texts, emails, posts, etc. You guys are the best! I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!!!!! I know that it must have meant so much to you when your family was able to be with you on your special day. How fun to have Jos and Beckham there with you too! Darling idea with the picture scavenger hunt. Of course your sister would do that for you. I hope that you enjoy your pedicure and some alone time that is much deserved. You are the greatest friend of all time and I love you so much. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!
i've never see an entire wedding cake before. it is beautiful... ha ha ha ha i think i know where i want to go eat saturday after graduation!! :)
Happy Birthday... a little late. I miss you and your boys are SO cute. HOpe you are doing well. LOve ya
Post a Comment